Bar Harbor, ME
Atlantic Brewing Midtown opened about 3 weeks ago in Bar Harbor, Maine.
That’s pronounced Bah Hahbah if you’re from Maine.
I was lucky enough to find this pilot brewery in downtown Bar Harbor. They have great wifi and the beer is pretty good as well. Since my T-Mobile carrier offers limited coverage when I travel, I have to rely on the kindness of strangers. In this case, it was this shiny new brewery.
I would take a break from hiking or biking in Acadia National Park and spend an hour or two tasting a few beers and blogging upstairs in this open, beautiful pilot brewery.
Their 7-barrel system makes more experimental beers; trying them out on their customers. Their 20-barrel production system located a few miles away makes their tried and true beers, like Cadillac Mountain Stout.
Beers I tasted included:
- Joel & Alex – I really like this pale wheat beer, sweet with just a hint of wheat. Almost fruity.
- Oaty McOatface– Love the name! It is sweet and oaty. What a great ale!
- Thunder Hole Ale – Nice, sweet nut brown. Typical thin bodied brown.
- Cadillac Mountain Stout – Subtle cocoa taste to this terrific stout.
- GAME ON!! – experimental IPA. Nice up front with bitter metallic finish